Thursday 21 August 2014

if I had type 2 diabetes, what would I do

This morning, I'm devoting a post to what i would do if I were overweight and diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Of course, I'm no doctor and I don't have type 2 diabetes, so I do not recommend any other person to follow my advice. 

This is simply what I would do 

  1. Continue with my current medication as prescribed by my current doctor. However I would monitor my blood glucose levels diligently and reduce my medication/insulin injections accordingly. 
  2. Measure my weight and make note thereof in my diary
  3. Make sure I have a follow up appointment with current doctor in 2 months time. Appointment to include the relevant blood test to determine the state of my diabetic condition.
  4. 14 Days of
    • Healthy very moderate Low Carbohydrate High Fat Diet. 
    • Basically just cut all sugars, bread and processed food. 
    • 1-2 Tablespoons of coconut oil 
    • Daily very moderate exercise. Walk around the block for 10-20 min
  5. Go on a 36 hour fast. The night before eat a very low carb meal with plenty of sutured fats. 
  6. 8 Days of healthy Low Carbohydrate High Fat Diet. Carbohydrates down to max of 50 g a day. Also ensure that my eating is limited to an 6 hour span. ie. skip breakfast and only eat lunch and dinner. Continue daily walk/moderate exercise
  7. Go on a 36 hour fast
  8. Repeat Steps 5-6 until time of doctors appointment
  9. Goto Doctors appointment and review my blood test results
  10. If my blood test & weight loss is good :
    • Tell my doctor of my intervention plan. 
    • If doctors warns me against LCHF diets, stare at him in disbelief and find new doctor. 
    • Reduce / Stop meds on advice on current / new doctor
    • Continue living - eating a moderate LCHF diet 
  11. If my blood test & weight loss is bad :
    • Smile and wave
    • Go back to doctor prescribed diet 

I'm pretty sure, that the above would be an excellent intervention, and should potentially allow me to stop all medication and lose my excess fat.

Note : I would also track my wight on a daily basis to keep myself motivated. I'll drink plenty of water and take a daily vitamin supplement. My fat content will definitely include lots of coconut and plive oil. 3-6 tablespoons a day

No comments:

Post a Comment